- Weight Capacity
- 350 lbs (159 kg)
- Product Weight
- 8.3 lbs (3,8 kg)
Inspired by the usefulness of a simple stool and its ability to perform many roles, the design brief for Kino was to create one object whose functionality was both endless and timeless. The solution, which is equal parts furniture and sculpture, was conceived by Kensaku Oshiro, as a stacking stool that takes on different expressions depending on the materials used and one’s perspective.
Kino’s universal shape, range of materials, and portable scale make it useful for an endless range of everyday scenarios; whether alone or in groups, as a seating surface, a work surface, and everything in-between.
As an interior element, the pure and elegantly connected forms of Kino – its triangular structure, circular top, and rectangular legs - take on sculptural qualities. When Kino is stacked, this effect is accentuated, enriching the interior experience.
The details of Kino are front and center, providing for a deep connection to materials and craft. This is highlighted by the signature relationship of the leg to the top, where the two elements mirror the curvature of each other with intent and perfection.
Different from Every Perspective
Kino was designed to offer different visual expressions, depending on one’s perspective. From a low position the angular and dynamic underside is revealed, and from above the circular top and leg details take center stage. When stacked, the repetition of forms offers yet another distinctive and engaging presence.
- Simple shapes and angular frame project a quiet and sophisticated visual language.
- Solid wood frame construction provides lasting durability.
- Resilient finishes provide longevity for vivid color, texture, and material protection within commercial applications.
- Frame wood available in a variety of finishes to meet a wide range of interior schemas and palettes.
- Seat surface available in solid Ash or Walnut.
- Frame and Top: Solid Wood
- Glides: Molded nylon
- Wood Finish: Catalyzed Lacquer, Stain
- Regular price
- $371.00 incl. base shipping
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price